The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

iTunes wants to be my moral compass?

This summer I went to New Orleans with my church youth group on a mission trip as an adult volunteer. I must say I had a somewhat bad attitude the week we were there. It was in July, in New Orleans, and as it turned out I worked outside all week. On top of that, the place we were staying essentially had no air conditioning - meaning techincally it had A/C and I'm sure it helped, but I don't think the temperature ever got below 85 degrees even in the middle of the night. But by the time I got home it was a life changing experience. More on that in a future post.

All that was to lead into this - we are all aware of the recent hurricane and the devistation it brought the gulf states area. Today I got an email from iTunes. Yes, I use iTunes and have an iPod. Anyway, this email from iTunes proceeded to inform me that there are lots of people in great need, and it might be a good idea if I donated to the Red Cross. Now, when I saw the message in my inbox I was hoping it was iTunes telling me that for the next X days, they would take Y% of their proceeds from selling music and donate it to the Red Cross for disaster relief. Unfortunately, no. They just wanted to suggest I donate. I was all ready to start up iTunes and buy some new music. I haven't bought any music from them simply because I refuse to buy music in a non-portable format. But for this I would have made an exception and bought several old songs I was interested in having. As in a dozen or more. But instead they decided to be my conscience. By the way iTunes, are you still selling gansta rap?

They might never get any of my money now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A deed done to feign compassion. I'll add this to my list of reasons why I won't use iTunes.

9/5/05, 1:48 AM  
Blogger Chinyere said...

What's wrong with ganster rap? ;-) Maybe you should suggest that they donate some money, I'm sure they will appreciate the email.

9/5/05, 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home