The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A chuckle from a stranger

I'm up at my neighborhood coffee house with my laptop working on a software project. It's Tuesday night, so that means it's open mic night. The music is good tonight, as is typical. The first act is a regular guy with his acoustic guitar. He plays first every Tuesday night. He mixes original songs with some covers. It makes nice background music while working.

Tonight he played Spooky which has in it that 3 beat pause when the lyrics say "Stop". Well the first time he hit that spot I tapped on my laptop case 3 times with my index finger, filling in those 3 beats. Just wanted to do it for myself because I like to do that sort of thing. But this girl that is sitting at the counter nearby heard it, turned to look around the room, and chuckled quietly to herself. I don't know if she knows I did it - there are three of us in this area with laptops, and she can't see my hands from where she is sitting. But it still made me smile that I made a stranger chuckle.

I live for the laugh. It is a tough life, but someone has to do it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living for the laugh makes you feel much better about yourself considering the fact that they're laughing at you and not with you.

9/30/05, 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home