The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The rumors of my death...

...have been greatly exaggerated.

[Insert obligatory self-flagellation post here about not keeping up the blog.]

I really, really, really want to improve my writing. The thing I can't seem to drill into my head is that I actually need to write in order to improve. Maybe it's sinking in now.

Over on Wil Wheaton's blog (what, you don't read Wil? I thought everyone read Wil) he discusses a daily writing exercise. Write 10 minutes a day, no matter what. I discussed a similar thing in a previous post. I guess I'm going to have to start doing that.

Be prepared for even worse crap than that which has appeared here before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I was about to haul off and delete your link on my blogroll.

Welcome back.

2/16/06, 10:04 AM  
Blogger learningtowrite said...

Thanks Corey.

And thanks for not deleting me sooner.

2/16/06, 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home