The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Inspiration needed

I need more sources for inspiration for writing topics. I sit here, trying to do my 10 minutes today, watching the clock tick, and all I can think about is how much later I'm going to get to work. Well, there goes my one day record at getting to work early (for me). Fortunately with the flexible hours we have it isn't a bad thing, it just means I have to stay there later or feel guilty when I leave at the regular time.

Why do I struggle so hard to find things to write about? Is it that I am just trying to hard? Or does it mean I should give up on this dream of writing? I don't necessarily mean writing professionally, just writing. Does everyone struggle with this?

Maybe I should try just posting about regular stuff I find interesting rather than always trying to make it about some personal story. I'll have to think about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home