The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Night Jazz

start writing stopwatch: 10:24 P.M.

I'm sitting here kind of late on a Sunday evening. I need to be in bed and trying to go to sleep, but I know it will be useless. I visited the neighborhood coffeehouse this evening and had 2 cups of coffee. In the past, this would have not caused any interruption to my schedule whatsoever. But tonight it is. I guess it's just another sign I'm getting old. Though I typically stay up later on Sunday night than Monday - Thursday night, primarily because I've caught up on my rest over the weekend, this has to have something to do with the coffee. Oh well. I'm getting in my writing exercise that I've missed the last couple of days.

I'm sitting here listening to The Dave Brubeck Quartet on my iPod while I'm writing this. Also drinking a Paulaner and completely enjoying the experience.

I was looking over the music list on my iPod today with a friend, noticing how varied it is. Some might even call it eclectic. But since there's no accounting for taste, especially in music, I'll refrain from using that word.

I have on the iPod the following (among many others):
The Beatles
Glen Miller
George Clinton & the P-Funk All-Stars
Bad Company
Foreigner (See the Urgent post below)
They Might Be Giants
Lyle Lovett
Ladysmith Black Mambazo (not the stuff with Paul Simon)
Dwight Yoakam
and so on...

I like music. I like variety. I like different music to match different moods. And for some reason, a large variety of music has caught my interest. Some may think this is weird. But I like it.

Stop writing stopwatch: 10:37 P.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home