The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sitting at the pub

It's ae i gorgeous afternoon at the pub. My favorite pub that I mentioned in the post below. 'm sitting on the upstairs deck, enjoying a fine Haufbrau Maibock. Sitting at a table under a tree so I have "scattered sunlight". It's about 70 degrees outside. Beautiful.

I absolutely love days like this. Sunshine, cool breeze, a good beer, a deck. These days are too few and far between.

Ooops, look at that. Time to head down to the bar for another beer. What will it be this time?

Update: It's Boulevard Irish Ale this time. Hadn't had it before. A friend of mine, who's taste in beer I trust, likes it. After a couple of sips, it's so-so, but maybe it'll grow on me. We shall see.

As I sit up here on the upstairs deck, I hear laughter below. A group of four guys are on the downstairs back deck. All I can hear is the background sound of conversation, then occasionally all 4 of them will break out in laughter. A cacophony of laughter. I don't know which one of them is the funny one, or if all 4 of them are. Can't see them from here.
sua
Laughter. One of the things I really like to hear from other people. And one of the things I try to elicit from people I'm hanging out with. They usually laugh. Hopefully it's usually with me and not at me. Maybe one day I'll know for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home