The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time for a job change

I made a HUGE mistake yesterday. Well, a mistake in one sense, but not in another. You see, I took a vacation day yesterday. Yes, on a Tuesday. Some friends who I hadn't seen in a couple years were in town, and yesterday was the only day we could all get together. So I took a vacation day and spent the day with them. By mid-afternoon we all went our separate ways. But it was great seeing them and catching up with them.

So what was the mistake? Taking a day off in the middle of the week. Not because there was tons of work waiting for me, but because it just solidified how much I hate my current job. Weekends, even with a day added for vacation or holiday aren't as bad. Maybe it's the multiple days off that ease the pain. You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Or takes the edge off. Or something.

But taking a day off in the middle of the week makes it worse, by far. Leaving Monday after spending the day thinking about how much I hated my job, to have a GREAT day off seeing old friends, then back at the hated job. A recipe for bad attitude.

I love the people I work with. And the job isn't that miserable. Probably lots of people would love to have it. But at this point I am BORED! Same old thing. Not challenged anymore. Not learning anything new. If I'm not learning new stuff, or at least somewhat challenged, I get bored. Then I get frustrated. So that's definitely this situation. Frustration.

I need to find a new JOB. But I have some benefits to my current situation that I don't want to lose. Like a fairly flexible schedule. Decent manager. Good coworkers. Etc. So I've started putting the word out to friends in the business, especially that have worked with me and know my skills, that I'm interested in looking around. Hopefully that'll work out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/16/08, 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home