The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Never Let Go

You may or may not have heard of the David Crowder Band. If not, they are a praise and worship band. Now, praise & worship music, and the bands that perform such, is not typically my preferred listening. It's typically simple, basic music. When you need several hundred people to learn a new song instantly on Sunday morning, that's actually a good thing. But the David Crowder Band is different. These guys are all excellent musicians. And they bring a level of complexity to the typical praise and worship music that both make it a joy to listen to and also a true, worshipful experience.

Recently I've had one of their songs stuck on repeat on my iPod. As in I listen to it, and before the iPod can change to the next song I make it repeat. I have at times listened to it 10-15 times before moving on to the next song, and typically after a song or two will back up to it. I just can't get enough of it. Maybe God is trying to drill a lesson into my head. But if so, that's kind of scary - what bad thing is on the horizon?

Here is a YouTube video someone posted that puts up the lyrics while the song plays. I had found another from a church that they had created for a worship service, but in the time since I found it and could post it (several days) it had been taken down by the poster. Give this a listen and see if you can only listen to it once.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home