The First Million Words

When learning to write, you should be ready to throw away your first million words. Welcome to my writing trash can.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A prayer

This morning, on another blog I read (sorry, can't link to it - it's private and you couldn't get in anyway), this person was venting about how they want to do more things and yet feel totally stifled. And they even love their job. At the end was this person's prayer for today. I think I'll print it out and put it somewhere in my car so I see it and say it every day on the way to work. It went a little something like this:

Lord, help me be content with who I am and what I'm doing...but most importantly...with what You're doing with me right where I am. Whew, and Amen.

I really don't think it's coincidence that I read that blog this morning. I happened to open up the laptop before going to work (which I'm trying not to do these days as it just delays my departure) and noticed in my feed reader a new post on this blog. Went to read it, and ta-da, found that prayer. Exactly what I needed to see today as I sat here contemplating calling in sick and trying to justify it in my head as I'm not actually sick.

Wait, I need to say it again:

Lord, help me be content with who I am and what I'm doing...but most importantly...with what You're doing with me right where I am. Whew, and Amen.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home